Find out More
Labeling is the most important part of the pre-move phase. Each employee or work area will be assigned a number and color. Moving tags will have to be affixed to all items to be moved. Your move consultant will instruct your staff on the proper method of affixing moving tags to furniture, boxes, cabinets, etc. We will also supply "DO NOT MOVE" tags for furniture and effects not included in the relocation.
In addition, we will train your personnel, during a pre-move planning meeting, to help you create furniture layouts for each office/ work area to ensure proper placement of items within areas and avoid "double-handling". We can provide for you, for that “Peace of Mind”, any of the following:
- Expert packing and unpacking services
- Custom cartons and labels provided
- Artwork and glass are packed and handled in special picture carts
- Fragile items will be handled as necessary to assure proper movement
All computers must be disconnected and secured before movement can occur. EDC utilizes a disciplined approach when relocating sensitive and valuable IT equipment/electronics for your organization. Your IT personnel must back up all systems and bring the system down before everything can be disconnected. Should you not have on staff personnel to accomplish this, we can facilitate securing that service for you.
The keyboard, mouse, wires and other peripheral items will be placed in clear plastic computer bags labeled with the designated destination tag visible. The CPU, Printers, Fax machines, etc., for each workstation must all be tagged with the same number assigned to that station. This will insure the proper placement at destination.Carts will be utilized for moving computers, with all peripheral items by tag number, to facilitate ease of placement at destination.
EDC‘s furniture specialists can disassemble and reassemble your existing workstations to conform to your new location. Our specialists are qualified installers of:
- Herman Miller
Conference tables, depending on the style, will also have to be disassembled and reassembled.
Our service personnel assure that all your products are properly handled and installed according to manufacturer specifications. Our installation technicians are knowledgeable of all major furniture manufacturers such as Steelcase, Herman Miller, Haworth, Knoll, Kimball, Hon, and Teknion. Whether it's a major project or daily service requests, our personnel will complete each assignment to your satisfaction. Whether you need to make a few changes to your existing furniture or reconfigure a whole floor, our Experienced Project Managers can meet with you to plan the most effective utilization of your existing furniture and space. Our installation group is available to provide daily on-going support. We can quickly handle emergency situations that may arise within your facility.
The sales person or Project Manager will hold a Pre-Move Training class. Several days prior to the move, at the Training classes, each employee receives instruction on what to move and where to tag items. This Free onsite class gives information about the move, new location plans, box labels, and instructions on how to pack, and what to pack. Should questions or problems arise, we include extensive "who to call" lists and make ourselves available via phone or email. Throughout the move, we're on-site, roaming the facility to answer questions and soothe rattled nerves.
In these on site workshops, with your key personnel, we will discuss general move preparations:
- How to pack glass and other breakable items
- What to pack first
- Special needs
- Set a moving date, and advise your current and future landlord.
- Create a moving task force. This should consist of key employees to guide movers during the day of the move.
- Determine the space and design of your new facility. You want to make sure that all your furniture, new and used will fit at the new location.
- Make an inventory of items that will not be needed at the new location and toss them out. The moving company can do the disposal of these items.
- Contact EDC MOVING SYSTEMS, check our references, and obtain a FREE estimate from our experienced EDC Move Consultant. It is never too early to start gathering information.
- Make your current clients aware of your upcoming move and have the receptionist integrate a message when answering phone calls or greeting customers advising them of the move as well.
- Arrange for changes on letterheads, envelopes, invoices, statements, business cards and your website. This is an excellent way of revising or modernizing the way customers view your company.
- Contact your current utility companies and make sure that everything is ready at the new location before move-in day.
- Contact appropriate vendors to service your computers, copiers, and any other processing equipment before the move.
- Review all insurance requirements with your current and future properties.
- Allow EDC MOVING SYSTEMS to conduct a move class for your key employees.
- Label all the items in each office to coordinate in which office they will go into at the new location. Each employee should pack his/her office to avoid misunderstandings.
- Create a floor plan for the new location; make sure that the Supervisor of the move has a copy to create a smoother move.
- Provide employees with an orientation of the new facility. This is good time to offer guidelines of any new procedures or company policies.
After the move is complete, the key employees should conduct a walk through with the Supervisor, of the move, to make sure that everything is in place. This will make your employees and customers feel welcomed at the new facility.
To assure the secure and timely relocation of files, folders and books, lab equipment, EDC utilizes specialized Library carts and wooden gondolas. This specialized equipment will minimize the time it takes to move these items. We have extensive experience in handling large file/ book, and lab moves.
The following is an example of how EDC will create an efficient file/ library relocation plan for your company:
- Project Manager will meet with your records management personnel to analyze filing system and review floor plans at your new location.
- Project Manager will assign colors to departments using floor plans at destination.
- Project Manager will assign a number to each file cabinet or bookcase within a department. This number will be placed on the library cart that will hold the contents of the cabinet.
- Project Manager will assign letters to the individual shelves. Individual shelves are marked A-D or A-F (top to bottom).
- All packing of files onto library carts will be done from "left to right" and unpacked at the new location from "left to right".
- All library carts will be shrink wrapped after they're packed for safety and protection.
Lab moves can be facilitated in the same manner. Just think shelves instead of files. Items can be placed the same way and transported whether on a file cart or gondola.