Find out More
Customer Service is one of the cornerstones of EDC’s service platform. EDC employs a team of award winning Customer Service professionals who are trained to meet your specific service requirements. Once your product is received you are electronically notified and then our Customer Service team takes over:
- Appointment scheduling.
- Customer inquiries
- Current order / delivery status (Available via the Internet) **
- Delivery tracking and troubleshooting
- Dispatch and routing
- Customer communication / issues resolution
- POD management (Available via the Internet)**
Our Customer Service team, along with our delivery teams; work together to enhance your delivery experience.
Customer Service will make the initial call to the customer to schedule the delivery within 24 hours of receiving product. At the initial call the following will be determined:
- Arrange to call the customer a half hour ahead of delivery
- Inside delivery and place
- Unpacking and debris removal (room of customer's choice)
- Stair carries
- Long carries
- Special handling for oversize / heavy product
A Pre-Call will then be made one half hour before the delivery is scheduled.
Customer Service will make the initial call to the customer to schedule the delivery within a four (4) hour time frame. The Driver Team will call one half hour before the driver arrives at the customer’s home.
Order entry can be automated and simplified through EDC's proprietary distribution management system. Orders can be accepted utilizing an XML file format via email or uploading into the EDC FTP server. Orders may also be entered manually by utilizing EDC's web-based application.
We continually reinvest in our information technology infrastructure to ensure that our clients have trouble free, anytime access to the latest real time information such as POD (proof of delivery) of shipments. Services can also be ordered through the same system without needing to pick up the phone.
- Products or orders received into warehouse
- Confirmation of deliveries or pickups.
- Customers call status
- Orders scheduled for delivery
- Items in Repair or Deluxing